Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Yay to segmentation by sushi!

I too agree that this is the best class yet!! Even my husband who hears me talk about my project and course discussions thinks this is a really interesting class. So kudos to the course for actually getting him to listen to me when I go on about what I learned today. The segmentation by sushi was a great way to visual each element of segmentation. After reading the article on segmentation in the reader the concept still wasn't very clear. But actually trying to segment our class and then come up with on the spot interventions really made it clear! The best part was taking it to that second step and coming up with possible campaign messages and interventions. It really puts theory into practice, and there is no better learning than that. On another note I took the VALS survey and found that it was totally way off on one of my traits and totally correct on the secondary trait. Which made me wonder how accurate is this test and similar profiling tests?

No comments: