Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Looking towards the Web 2.0

Its really fascinating the prospect of public health moving into a tech savy field that incorporates the latest technology with creative intervention designs (i.e. interactive games). The possiblities of public health being streamed 24/7 on the web are unless. Is it possible to think that in a few years there could be a myspace/facebook type forum just for public health communication. As I write this I think about how public health communication and interventions can become mainstream through web 2.0, but my thoughts are constrained by what is out there now. Its takes real creative and cutting edge thinkers to come up with the next big thing. My references for what can come next are constrained but was it out there now and thinking nothing can top that! Like google. And my next thought is what if there was a search engine with everything and anything related to health, could that one day be the next big thing?! I think yesterdays class was really all about getting us to think outside the box and into the future of PH.

No comments: